Automated Clearing House (ACH)
ACH is a system to automatically deduct Plan payments directly from a bank account. This is available only when an income deduction Order cannot be implemented. An Order must be entered with the Court before an ACH can be initiated with our office. See E.D. Mich. LBR 1007-1(c) for more information.
- STIPULATION AND ORDER FOR ACH PAYMENTS
- Prepare and submit to the Trustee for approval : An Executed Stipulation and Order Excusing Entry of Third Party Payment Order and Order to Debtor to remit Payments to Chapter 13 Trustee by Electronic Transfer of Funds.
**DO NOT SEND THE ACH FORM AND BANKING INFORMATION to the trustee UNTIL THE STIPULATION AND ORDER IS FILED WITH THE COURT!!
The ACH will not be set up for transfers until the executed stipulation and order is filed with court.
Once the stipulation and order are executed by the trustee and returned to you, file the executed Stipulation and Order with the court.
Once you the Stipulation and Order is filed, submit the executed Authorization Agreement for Pre-Authorized Payments (ACH).
- AUTHORIZATION AGREEMENT FOR PREAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS (ACH)
- Submit the completed ACH activation form (following all directions) to start ACH payments.
- AUTHORIZATION FOR TERMINATION OF PREAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS (ACH)
- Submit the completed ACH termination form to end ACH deductions.
- Checklist of ACH Documents: A list of everything needed to get an ACH transfer of funds started with our office.
- ACH Transfer Dates are on the 5th or 17th of each month. If the ACH dates are too rigid, debtor should use the TFS option.
NOTE: If the TFS option is selected, the Stipulation and Order Excusing Entry of Third Party Payment Order and Order to Debtor to remit Payments to Chapter 13 Trustee by Electronic Transfer of Funds is still required.
Funds will be transferred from debtor bank accounts and credited towards plan payments generally the 5th and 17th of each month. An order allowing payments via ACH and a completed ACH Authorization form must be submitted to our office by the “ACH Documents Due Date”. Note that ACH does not work on weekends and holidays. We will submit the request for an electronic deduction within the next business day.